Wednesday, June 07, 2006

FULL OF FLAVOR


I've been taking a break since the show closed, tho I am always looking for my next project!!! But I finally had a chance to sit down and read the book that was written by Sanedria Potter. I mentioned her in a previous post. I am not a fan of reading books. I don't normally enjoy it and find it a 'chore', even if I do like the story. However I sat down and read this book in just two sittings. Any avid reader would blow through it in just one. Its engaging and I found myself not wanting to put it down. Take a moment and shell out just a few shillings to support a fellow artist and friend.. and buy this book. I submitted the following review on Amazon.com as well as BarnesandNoble.com..

'Behind the Pulpit - I Still Remember' is a story of love, hate, hardship and faith told through the eyes of a child. The language of the prose is written in the full flavor of the child telling the story. As the author's own history was the inspiration, it is definitely told as an eye-witness account. The characters are colorful, raw, and real. Potter does an excellent job stirring emotions of all levels in the reader. Its a quick read that leaves the reader wanting more. Its message is inspiring and Potter uses humor to remind the reader that even in the hardest times, there is always a reason to be thankful.

Way to go Sanedria!!!

No comments: